What does the scene tell you about the main character?
The scene really emphasises how important a person the main character is – he is someone everyone else acknowledges and to who they defer. He is a person of some power and considerable standing within the community he is living in.
How does it do this? List the clues:
- His poise, stance and confidence
- The car he drives
- the secret entrance to the club/queue jumping/special treatment
- greetings from other characters
- table and drinks brought out for him
- sitting in the best position